Dorino Livon is one of the most successful and recognized Friulan winemakers. His story has its roots in the family's passion and traditions: a true love for the homeland, Friuli, or better: the Collio and the Colli Orientali del Friuli, the far north-eastern corner of Italy and gateway to Eastern Europe. Dorino Livon acquired his first vineyards on the Collio hills in 1964, and slowly expanded his property establishing the Azienda Agricola Livon estate. The winery is now under the direction of the third generation of the family.
The wine has a golden yellow color; it has a bouquet which recalls the crust of fresh bread and vanilla. On the palate it is very fine, it recalls apples, acacia and tropical fruit.
The grapes are harvested by hand using boxes, steeped in a cold horizontal press for eight hours and the must is cleaned through settling. 20% of fermentation takes place in Allier barriques, and the remaining 80% in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 50-53°F. When the fermentation is over, the product thus obtained is not poured off and therefore remains in the same containers to mature for about six months at a constant temperature. At the end of this period, the wine is assembled and bottled.
There follows a further long period of refining in the bottle.
Food Pairing Notes
Drink with starters with smoked fish, seafood-soups or meat-soups;
salted fish and white meat in general.
Longevity: 7 years.
Serve at: 54°F.